Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My best friend "Fjord"

Best friends are like a rare and really delicious spice in our lives. That's why we only have a few best friends instead of a bunch. I recently had contact with one of my best friends from high school. We somehow lost contact while going two completely different paths. She left school earlier and started to learn a profession and I moved on to pass the final exams and to study at the university. If you believe the theory that you cannot lose best friends and that you just let them go for a short time, so that they are found again when the time is right. This is probably a good example for it. Meanwhile, I'll report on how the finding again call turned out as soon as I had the chance to call her. When I started the post I wanted to introduce you to my best friend these days. He is called "Fjord" and I do not know how I survived the past summers without him.

I had terrible headaches during the last week which still didn't go away completely. Fjord helped me a lot these days by creating a great environment to relax and sleep. I really hope that I don't have to loose him for a while.
Some time ago I red a book about simplicity and the author explained how he learned to value every little piece in life from his parents. If I remember the story correctly, his parents who have chinese roots told him that everything living or dead has a soul. I kind of like the idea that's why I gently push Fjord around although he is quite heavy ;).
Tell me what is your best friend and why?