Saturday, September 12, 2009

Pirate Party

As I promised yesterday I will show some photos from the current election campaigns in Germany. I have to admit that I didn't find many interesting posters in the streets except the ones from the pirate party. Some of you might have heard about the swedish pirate party. With a little luck and great timing of the pirate bay process they arouse enough attention to gain a seat in the european parliament. Anyway, we do have a pirate party in Germany too and they are trying to convince people to vote for them. Being a young and exceptional party they use great stylistic devices to convey their message. Here are four posters:




I decided against a brief translation because the texts loose most of their esprit by doing so. The general topics are privacy in the surveillance society and the copy right system we do have with its boon and bane. In case you are allowed to vote, make up your mind on your own and go to the elections!