Friday, January 29, 2010

Money, money, money


Do you have a problem with money? Well, not the usual lack of money problem, everyone has from time to time. I have a problem with the coins they always end up unused in m wallet. I guess I'm a hopeless case. I tried to avoid getting the stuff firsthand by paying with card everytime  I went shopping. This strategy went well but there are some places that resist modern technology and so they only accept hard cash. The canteen is one of this places. I learned from coworkers that this place is great to get rid of the coins. Unfortunately, the cashier didn't like my approach to gift him with my selection of coins (picture above).
Today I figured out that the only way to get rid of this stuff is to trustfully hand it over to the bank.  So I went through all my pockets, boxes, stashes of coins and ended up with roundabout 15 Euro in coins.
If I were responsible for prices and coins, I would optimize the whole money thing in a way that nobody needs coins smaler than 10 cents. :)
What do you do with your coins? Or do you hide them in boxes as well?