Monday, July 20, 2009

Motivational Phrases

Colleagues sometimes ask me why I do have such demotivating notes on my desk.
Well, first because I want to and second because for me they are more motivating then less.

Here is the one I currently have on my desk at work:

"Winning is not a one-time thing; it's an all-time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time . Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing." Vince Lombardi

Maybe it's the truth that sometimes feels quite uncomfortable. Thus we tend to ignore what we know very well.
There is another phrase which I really like. It once was said by Winston Churchill:

"If you are going through hell, keep going."

For a while I had a copy of it pinned to my music stand. It kept me practising violin event though I really didn't liked to do so. My teacher always calls it a pushing the cupboard time. If you have moved or you rearranged your furniture once this metaphor is easy to understand. Usually you find at least one object which is really heavy and insists on standing exactly were it is, no matter how hard one pushes against it. Finally when the one who pushed and all others around are close to a nervous breakdown is gently moves as if moving it is the easiest task in the world.

Hoping no one of you needs too push cupboards today, I wish you a nice Monday :)